Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hobbes and Locke

Hey everyone. Today we discussed basic information on the Enlightenment and two of the most important individuals within the movement: Thomas Hobbes and John Locke. For homework, you are to write a skit about what would happen if these two met. What would their conversation be like? How would they feel towards one another? You must include information on their beliefs and it must be creative! This is the type of conversation that I DO NOT want:

Hobbes: I believe in this.
Locke: Oh. I believe in this.
Hobbes: Interesting. I also believe this.

This is not creative and is not acceptable! You need to be creative! Where do they meet? What feelings do they have towards each other. What type of personality does each have?

If you have any questions, please email me. We will finish our debates and discussion on the Enlightenment tomorrow. Have a great day!

~Mr. Mazur

No comments:

Post a Comment