Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Welcome!

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog site! It was great meeting everyone and I am looking forward to a great year!

For those of you absent today (9/8 or 9/9), this is what you missed: dispersal of textbooks, class policies, important information written on index cards, and a lengthy discussion on how religion influences how we live today. We briefly talked about religion's influence on our daily lives, how religion affects our beliefs in political issues, and how misunderstandings between religions can result in conflict.

The homework is to get the class policies signed, get your book covered, and to find a news article that has some relevance to our discussion today. I want you to cut out the article, and write one paragraph as a summary to what you read and one other paragraph stating your opinion on the issue. Please keep the responses appropriate. Thanks and I will see you next class!

~Mr. Mazur

P.S. Speeches for those running for positions is due to me by Monday. Please make sure you hand it in this day so that I can preview it. Speeches will be made on 9/16 during co-curricular in the Black Box. Good luck and I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm with the Freshmen Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment